Our Distressed Paint Effect Scale
All our hand painted furniture has a degree of intentional distressing to give the piece of furniture an aged, country look. We like to call it imperfect elegance!
We scale each piece from 1 to 5 depending on the degree as below:
1. FULLY painted with chalk paint with no signs of bare wood coming through.
2. Minor distressed look with VERY LIGHT distressing on edges and corners with natural bare wood or secondary colour coming through. No distressing on the surfaces.
3. LIGHT distressed look on surfaces, edges and corners with the natural bare wood coming through or a secondary colour.
4. HEAVY distressing on edges, corners and all surfaces with natural wood or a secondary colour coming through.
5. MAJOR distressing for a very worn, aged country look on all edges, corners and surfaces with large areas of natural bare wood or a secondary colour coming through.